-->

Monday, June 6, 2011

Tree Down
















I had a great big tree outside my apartment. 
It was huge, & old & wise,
& provided a home for many birds. It was beautiful. I enjoyed listening to it's leaves rustling in the wind, & I'd wake to singing birds in the mornings.
It was deciduous, providing sunlight in the winter, & much needed shade in the summertime.





















I enjoyed the play of light it's leaves & branches created on my walls

& windows,
& looked up to it from my second story kitchen window while doing the dishes & cooking.

I woke up to chainsaws & chipper shreders instead of birdsong this morning.
It took several men about five hours to remove my friend the tree. 
I wonder how long it took for it to grow that big, & I'll miss it more than I can say.
Thanks for all the comfort & pleasure you provided, my friend the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers