-->

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Yep, that’s me & my dad!

He’s the guy who told me I could be anything that I wanted to be, got me my first camera, showed me how to use it, & let me play in his darkroom when I was little.

Besides the darkroom, he had a real old-time printing press, (making me the only kid in school with personalized pink pads of paper!), beautifully restored a classic MG TF (with a rumble seat!), hand drafted his letters with perfect serifs, made me a stained glass window with a surf scene from a Surfer Magazine cover, had an encyclopedic knowledge of old movie trivia, diligently wrote to his congressmen back in the typewriter age, built a beautiful mother of pearl inlaid mandolin, surprised us all by writing his first novel a few years ago & sent me to art school.

Quite an inspiring guy. Thanks dad!
Happy Fathers Day, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers